Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 12 November 2013

Blood testing...

So yesterday I finally got in to get my bloods tested. I'm still not sure this will achieve anything given the uselessness of my doctor. I fully expect the bloods to come back 'normal', even if they're not, simply because there'll be nobody at my doctors who can accurately interpret them.

Added to this, my incompetent doctor (who incidentally doesn't understand the difference between a counsellor and a mental health nurse), actually somehow managed to order the wrong blood tests for me yesterday, so I had to tell the nurse taking my bloods exactly what I needed to be tested for.

Cue a phone call from my doctor's surgery last night telling me that they hadn't taken enough bloods and I would need to go back for some more. So, drum roll please, this is what I am (supposedly) being tested for, though it's anyones guess what will actually come back:

Cardiolipin antibodies
Hba1c
Lupus
Thromophilia
Thyroid

I don't know whether there's any more I should be having or whether this is a good starting point? I also do't know where I should go after this should I get the ' normal' results, or, as my doc likes to put it, ' no further action'.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've been wanting for some time to put down in posts the blogs that I read regularly and that have really helped me through the last few months.

www.babyhopeful.com is one such blog that I found through Twitter, which highlights the trials and tribulations of trying to conceive, as well as dealing with miscarriage and infertility issues. There's also some hugely informative posts about such things as sperm morphology which I have found invaluable. It's also been good for me to be able to read about the emotions and feelings associated with what I, and so many others have been through, and to know that I'm most certainly not alone.

There are so many other blog posts I'd love to give a shout out to, but will be seeking their permission before I do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop me a line and say hi!