Powered By Blogger

Sunday 5 January 2014

Making happy changes in my life.

I have been looking for some time for some way to appreciate the life that I have more, to stop comparing myself to others and to find out what I really want.  After the second miscarriage I found myself talking to a few people about where to go next, what routes to take etc. I felt so much differently second time around- after the first miscarriage I was so desperate to be pregnant again immediately that it turned into an obesession that saw me becoming more and more frantic and despondent as time went on. After the second miscarriage though, the desperation just hasn't been there. Perhaps it's fear, which would be understandable, perhaps I am a bit more self aware this time and realise I need to allow myself time to grieve and reflect. All I know is at this stage I'm not sure I want to be pregnant (although in another way, I really do)- I'm confused.


My confused mindset is probably another blog post entirely, but I wanted to share something I found in a magazine with you ( as well as note these points down for posterity as I tend to recycle my mags). They're a set of guidelines if you will, on how to achieve happiness in your life. I'm heartened to see that a few of the pointers are things that I have actively, intuitively done since MC no. 2. I can't say I'm finding them easy- I am naturally inclined to be a glass slightly half empty person, but I can see how if I develop these things into habits, they will help me to improve and appreciate the great life I already have.

1. Spent 10/15 minutes a day clearing up clutter/keeping on top of paperwork.
2. Have at least 3 early nights per week.
3. Make time to think back and reminisce over your happy memories.
4. Take time out to laugh- be it a TV programme/ book night/comedy club.
5. Do something you loved to do when you were a child.
6. Dedicate time to an activity you've never done before that you need to learn.
7. Arrange new friend get togethers or go out and meet new people.
8. Record what you are grateful for every day in a gratitude diary.
9. Take time to lend support to people.
10. Plan time to spend having fun with friends and family- something to look forward to.

I'll be letting you know how I get on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please drop me a line and say hi!